VantagePRO™ Cemented Shiftable Valve & Coil Systems
Coiled Tubing BHA Components
Absolute Pressure Actuated Toe Valve
ACTS Pressure Actuated Toe Valve is a hydraulically actuated fracturing valve designed for liner integrity testing operations prior to initiating fracturing operations at the lowermost (toe) interval. The valve can be used in a variety of multi-stage fracturing applications including open hole ball drop, cased hole ball drop, coil tubing shiftable valves, and plug and perf. The valve’s internal components have been specifically engineered and field proven to function reliably after cased hole cementing operations eliminating any concerns of valve lock-up. After the liner is successfully pressure tested, applied pressure is increased to a predetermined valve absolute actuation pressure. A burst disc located in the valve ruptures and pressure acts against the valve’s piston to open the valve. An internally contained spring acting against the piston ensures the valve fully shifts and locks open. Once opened, high flow circumferential ports, permit continuous communication to the reservoir for high pressure stimulation operations and production.
When used in open hole applications, the valve offers greater opening accuracy than other toe valves can provide in the industry. Since the valve functions on absolute tubing pressure as opposed to differential tubing-to-annulus pressure, annular pressure values do not have to be taken into consideration for valve actuation.
The valve is available in multiple thread and metallurgy configurations to be equivalent to required liner specifications for varying downhole operating environments.
Features & Benefits
- Two industry recognized Fike® burst discs installed in the valve for operational redundancy
- Fike® burst discs available in 3.5 MPa (500 psi) increments with specific operating temperature values
- Valve operates on absolute tubing pressure alone resulting in a more accurate opening pressure
- Full drift ID ensures effective passage of standard cement wiper plugs
- Spring assisted piston ensures valve fully opens and locks open
- Valve port area is larger than liner flow area to prevent stimulation screenouts at the valve
- Operating components are physically protected from internal and external manipulation
- Premium threads and metallurgies available for harsh wellbore environments